Friday, May 9, 2008

A strange parallel...

This should have been an entry about alcohol and health, and should have hit my blog a week ago. But now its on alcohol, health and sleep, but please don’t run away already coz its not going to address issues related to alcohol consumption :P.

What does alcohol offer you:

· Numbness
· Lapse of concentration
· Breaks in thought stream (I so love this!!! :) )
· Loss in motor skills

Last one week I experienced a fever over 100 dgrees and a day with barely an hour’s sleep, and at both times I felt high with all the elements I identify alcohol with!

Yes, one may attribute that to the company, which I guess could have been a strong factor :P, but I believe there was an independent character to it and the company just made me have a better outlook and mood to enjoy my fever and lack of sleep :D.

Ofcourse, fever keeps and leaves you all dull and weak, and you can’t get away from it or call it back voluntarily. And lack of sleep is tiring, but it comes for free and with a promise to keep you high for long :D.

Alcoholics - try it out when you get a chance. And don’t be greedy as always; enjoy it till it lasts – not worrying about how long it will :D.

Cheers

5 comments:

Vartika said...

first! u roped me into reading this one!
but second! if the two experiences are soo same, i guess you've made a breakthrough!
esp. for me...when a month-and-a-half long stay at home can get me a drink here and there but never get me drunk...i guess fever/insomnia is what i should look forward to!!!

Vartika said...

waise yes yes yes...its all in the company...i have also got drunk and peacefully slept coz there was no one around to listen to my psychobabble!
:D

Silence Desired said...

Ha Ha .. Buddhe ..
Well lemme tell you my experience .. How I got high due to my sickness .. I was given Opium as remedy ..:P

Sleep as usual I sleep very less but never got so much high . (might be 'cause was already high due to enough of Nicotine :P) ..

Well, Good news is I have given a thought about becoming a teetotaler and now I think am ready to use your described method to stay high .. though am alone so company factor might be missing in this experience !!!!!

The Junkie said...

ohkkkk

I don't have the details of your "company" but I am sure it was an important factor.

Last week even I was high without having alcohol or tobacco or drugs. It was a combination of lack of sleep for 3 days, travel rush (when u know how close u were to miss the last train home etc) and the accompanying Power Trance (the 24/7 company in this case :) ). And I loved the feeling. As it was all encased in excitement.

There was another time when I was high due to the codylex cough syrup that my doctor prescribed. For 20 mins my eyes were half closed and I hardly had any sense of where and how I was walking. And that time I hated it. Perhaps because it was accompaied with misery.

So if I had a choice I will choose the natural methods of getting high over drugs. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that cough syrups don't do a thing to me now ;)

Rajat said...

@Vartika: aaggghhhrr, I hate people who booze and dooze off :P. Try this wase, hope it works for you..

@Potty: You cnnot compare Nicotine to any of this. Nicotine sucks :P (or atleast it comes no close to being a substi for alcohol)

@Pandeyji: For those who are not effected by cough syrups, we have higher category of 'drugs' - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, for example :D. Otherwise, lack of sleep's anyway doing the trick :).