Monday, September 10, 2007

Walk of life

Silence is all around. Life seems devoid of all emotions. No excitement, no anticipations, no assumptions, no love, no hatred, no pain, no desperation, no ambition, no pride, no honour, no achievement.

This is how regular life is I guess. This is how it feels when you stop at times to take rest. Mind you, it’s not contemplation, not retrospection, it’s just a walk on the beach of time, where the only concern you have is to pull your feet out of sand moment that it’s trapped in, only to fall trap to another moment in time. The beach is endless! The time is infinite. And it always has been. But I’ve been running since long.

Once I was a kid, and I recall walking on this beach. It was all full of pleasure and fun. Then came adolescence, then youth, and now, I’m one of the fastest horses on this beach. Not only that, it had made me pride, it had made me tired, and now, I’m addicted to it. I run, I get tired. I stop, I try and walk, but I just can’t. I start my run again, get tired again… This beach has been teasing me, showing me targets to achieve, but they’ve all been fake. I achieved some, I failed at times. But the outcomes didn’t matter. What mattered was running, because they made me full, they made me ME. I could have been a different me, running at a different speed, at a different part of the beach, but I am where I am, and I am what I am.

But now I wonder, because once, I was indeed a kid. And back then, I literally can’t run. Metaphorically today, I can’t WALK! No matter how tired I may be, I need to run behind my targets, my goals, my passions, my fire, my desire. Why? Because walking makes me anxious, it makes me fear. Fear what? Probably of my presence, my existence, my significance! Don’t know what all. But it makes me sick, or at least, it used to make me sick.

I asked Buddha, I asked Krishna, I asked my parents, I asked my friends. They say I need to choose for myself. We are all a different case, running at a different pace, living a different life, thinking we are doing right… Well, in this world where there’s no wrong and no right, arguments would just be void.

So here I am, on the beach of sand, walking… yes, emotionally empty, spiritually empty, logically empty, I WALK! At least, for a while...

5 comments:

Chitra Nayak said...

yes, ur Buddha, ur Krishna, ur parents and ur frinds are very right..it is u who has to choose between running or walking or even standing still

ur eyes see happiness only when they run and thats what makes u run and IT keeps ur mind proccupied with goals. By the way, do u fear emptiness??
or do ur eyes see that those who walk or stand still dont have a goal.. coz thats wht forced u to belive tht u'll be happy running...

sorry..of late i have been a bit aggresive about views and all..making ppl tolerate me passing phase..one example is this..

and this blog of ur reminded me of the one sentence u had said some days ago," when we were children, life seemed so diteministic but now that we have grown up, it seems probabilistic"

anyways..gud blog..keep writing..keep realizing..coz realization is the root of change..

Rajat said...

No! I don't think I fear emptiness, no. It can be described only as being emotionless, lacking the 'rajas' guna.

Btw, agression is no bad! Let it keep going :).

bhagyashree said...

hey....most o the times u temme that v r poles apart...bt if this is wt u think abt lyf..thn ...i hav realised, jus nw, that v r quite on the same thinking track...the only diff is dat u r penning down wt u think..n i talk to myself abt this.gr88 work buddy..keep churning out awesome stufff!!!

Rajat said...

'Happy realization', as you put it :D :D

bhagyashree said...

hehe..as YOU put it :D :D