Monday, September 3, 2007

Stream of conciousness 2

Funny. First time I wanted to write a story, and here’s a space constraint. Only four pages :P. (Very rarely my writings go on paper, its difficult to decipher my handwriting, even for me, he he). Yes, this observation speaks of my nature. I take too many words to convey a little. And yes, it also well explains my love and envy towards those whose silence speaks volumes. Anyways, this is me.

Funny, again! This blog can as well be titled “A train journey”. Never knew school essays would come back! No, this is going to be different. Devoid of all excitement and adventures, more real in nature, largely speaking of emotions, of the world in my mind.

O these awesome ghats! And that pretty muslim girl between me and the ghats. And the most beautiful of evening sunrays just enough to light up her face, turning her cheeks glowing red. And the way she caresses her long hair bringing them in front from her back. And the IPOD playing ‘O Meri Jaan!’. What a beautiful moment. Well, I guess she’s already turned off seeing a scribbling maggu in front of her :P. Let’s move ahead.

Oops! Interruption. A crippled beggar. I didn’t give him even a penny. Not that I can’t, but life looks too beautiful at the moment to see any pain. I’ll be humane later.

Coming back to the ghats (not to the girl :D). What an awesome panorama! Looks like God spilled excess green colour here while painting the earth. I wonder if really only 17% of India is under green cover.

Oh no! Another interruption L. ‘Rishtey’ on IPOD. No time for sad songs. Changed to ‘Baatien kuch ankahi si’. I love this one.

Yes, beauty, it appeals in various forms. But I’m not here to appreciate beauty. Infact, I was talking of emotions, right? Let’s go back. From where I started (some 5 paragraphs back), the ghats, they were not the real starting point of my thoughts. They didn’t define beauty. Yes, they’re beautiful. But not the definition. It was a face that came up first. Then came the ghats, the music, the muslim girl, I saw them all under this influence. You see, it is she who defines beauty.

Yes, she is beauty! Not that this has always been my definition of beauty, no. Something made it beautiful. Call it love, or some feeling. Mind you, a very strong feeling. There’s something I really wonder. I wonder the power of love as an emotion. Emotions have always been there, some weak, some very powerful, but none has been so mighty. Let’s have a flashback of some of those.

  • Ambition – Has a very strong role in my life. But the maximum I can sustain it is probably 4 days, may be 5, before I break down. Then I call my mom (see love here!), get recharged and get back to work. No doubt, achievements make you feel good. Techfest was great fun.

  • Hate – Remains for a ridiculously less time. Guess its human nature to forgive and forget. Haven’t really been good at hating people so can’t site anything. Indifference is easier for me.

  • Friendship – Very strong again. And very cool too! One thing which probably gives you only all pleasure. I’ve really craved at times for Saurabh and Achin (also for Suman and Akshay), but those are only loose moments. Moments of high and low, standalone things.

  • Love – Oops! Another interruption. A pleasant one this time! I just caught that girls eyes staring into mine. It was awesome :D. Coming back to love, this is the most powerful of all. In absence of ambition, love clearly rules. Sometimes, even in the presence of it. Its completely over me, day and night, winter and summer, June and July, all has been love. Sometimes I wonder how it can occupy so much of me! Is it just there filling some emptiness, or is this the divine feeling we always search for? No answers here with me, but this time is really good!

Again! This time two little girls playing music for some money. This was beautiful, I rewarded it! Running out of pages, but I’m done with what I had to say (in less than 3 actually :D).

Thanks for coming along till the end J.

Love…

(Running ‘Dilruba’ from Kailasa, bajate raho! :D)

6 comments:

Chitra Nayak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chitra Nayak said...

too good..loved it very much

love..a weakness in my case..has made me learn many things in life..or i shud say, still making me learn..i love 'Love'...

like senses are the most impotant things for our body...so are these few relations which u defined, but for our life, not body..we would be called handicapped with even one of these relations missing out..


[sorry had to delete the previous comment for there were some terrible spelling mistakes..dnt worry..it is copied and pasted here..with correct spellings]

Unknown said...

WoW

Vartika said...

Rajat:
1. The page is active after so long and it is 'actively' active...(in the sense of your writings being v lucid!)
2. Makes me remember the Bhopal diaries...(in the sense the conversations...)
3. There is a milder version of hate...indifference...and no! u r sadly (or gladly?)mistaken in calling it a 'human nature' to forgive and forget...
4. Ambition...hmm
5. Love...big liitle word...what about unproportionate/unreturned/unconveyed/unacknowledged 'love'???

achie.... said...

hey dude it was really a fantastic journey..........

Rajat said...

@ Chits: hmm
@ Bhagya: :)
@ Vartika:
1. I'm sure every blogger starts that way, nai?
2. About unproportionate/ unreturned/ unconveyed/ unacknowledged 'love' - I guess its even more stronger and dominating while its there, though it may not last as long
@Achin: Sure it was ;)