Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy new year!

This new year is special. It’s one of those rare nights of my life when I’ll be hitting the bed with 3 hours to midnight, and to add to it, it’s a new year eve. And I feel this day is really special, probably for the first time.

Lord Jagdesh, the ruler/owner of the world, owns all land, water and air that surrounds us. Now, he owns me, rather, a part of me. I gave away a part of mine to the almighty today (it’s a tradition over here), and I hope it never gets back to me. Feels good to leave it behind and go ahead all carefree and confident, relying on the One which inspires people all around to globe to live, and to be good.

A philosophy classmate of mine gave a presentation on the existence/ non-existence of ‘God’, and concluded saying it is not important which of the two options is really true. Rather, what is important is the existence of ‘belief in God’. For me today, there is a ‘belief in God’, as true as my own existence. Hope it goes on, and makes me happier each day :).

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

Vartika said...

what did u leave behind???
n yup...have a fantabulouslyy happy'08!!

Rajat said...

they say you always keep your wishes and prayers to yourself... waise it's very much somewhere here if you can spot it! Happy new year aapko bhi [:)]