Thursday, December 6, 2007

But!

“Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either; just Fuck off and leave me alone.”


"Once upon a time, there lived in the woods of northern India, a witch (Khalnayika :P) named Artihc. A witch alright but with a strange and oddly attractive character. A witch who rode the Nimbus 2000s, loved the world of fiction, the Lord of the Rings, the Harry Porters & those who shall not be named (at least here :D). A witch which never got tired of caring for the people surrounding her, which never got tired of thinking about them. A witch which never did an evil, which never wanted to hurt a soul!! And equally interesting were her set of choices, her predictable unpredictability, the ‘conflicts within’ and a select few of her ghostly and witchlike friends :D.

By the way, the story is not of old, & nowhere near an end! You may find her just round the corner someday, and with her charm around, ‘beware’ or ‘bewitched’!;)

P.S. Excuse me for the use of whichs in place of thats. It's a witch story afterall!"


Well, I recently learned there’s a ‘but’ to every story. Yes, a BUT. So what’s that but in here. Umm, well, to write it down, and as creatively and with as much of an impact on the reader as I did for the good part (I believe :P) would be both unfair and impossible. Unfair, because it SHOULD be boring, boring because I’ll not like a karela to be wrapped around in sugar juices to make it edible. Impossible, because if you look at it carefully, you’ll realize every story has a but, but that but is different for everyone who reads the story.

Well, having said that, here’s my but of the story. Na, I’ve decided I’d rather not write, and leave for the reader to interpret his/her but of the story.

Cheers to life!! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yet again, The opening batsman!!
__________________________________

I was walking down the lonely roads, when I saw divine light descending. I stopped. I looked at Him approaching towards me. I felt the increasing warmth of His aura as He got closer. I was totally sorrounded by white when He finally stopped infront of me!! I told him I was sad bcoz ppl only looked at the ugly part of me. He stood there smiling and listening to what I was saying. He then embraced me in his arms and asked me a question. And before i could answer , He vanished !!

I was upset as even He didnot have time to hear to what i've to say.

But now, when I look back, I realize tht it was a question not to be answered but to be thought about and realized.

The question was, " by being the best, do u want to make others look bad or by being bad u want them to look good"

Jai Gurudev!! ;)
__________________________________

My Ispiration: the quote which says,"Please god-If u cant make me thin..make my friends fat"

My Realization: everybody is blessed with a 'but'.
___________________________________

Rajat said...

And maybe the only batsmen this time round :P.

The question was, " by being the best, do u want to make others look bad or by being bad u want them to look good", rite?

Well, it looks null and void to me. Good, I feel, when I see good in the world. Love I get, when I spread love in others life. What you are comes back to you. If anything else is coming back your way, its probably not from your friends :(.

You know what, everybody has a but. More importantly, God teaches us to overlook those buts. That's what keeps us human, and still divine for each other. One who loves you, just always wishes you had no but. Alas! It never always works the way you want it to.

Still, cheers to life :).

Anonymous said...

well..thanks for making me write this beautiful story.

nothing else to be said coz u are not at all getting wht i wanted to say. u're busy just proving a point.

anyways, happy point proving!!

Vartika said...

i don't uderstand what's going on b/w u n chitra..but yes...after HIMYM Marathon..i was also figuring out all the 'buts' in all d stories around..:D