Monday, October 1, 2007

The inconsistent me!

In this world of integrity, I find myself a complete misfit!

Integrity? In what? In your ideals! In your definitions of virtue and vice. Your definitions of rights, morality, honestly, faith, truth on one hand and wrongs, pretensions, selfishness, injustice on the other…

Integrity? In what? In your ideas! In your definitions of happiness, contentment, satisfaction, work, vision, love, joy, future, religion, relationships, money, material…

Integrity? In what? In your actions! En route your destination! In your goals, your aspirations, your dreams. In keeping up with your love, your relationships, your friendships, your identity…

I lack integrity! My frequently changing ideas and ideals are scary. Not only to my fellows, but sometimes to myself. Once 6 lakhs looked good, now 9 seems OK. Once teaching seemed heaven, now consultancy seems PERFECT. Once great cooking and long hairs were necessary, now a good understanding works FINE. Once Krishna was The lord, and then Ayn Rand, and now the Buddha seems DIVINE.

Does this speak of something? I don’t know. But yes, it defines me! It defines me as something undefined. As someone that may change each season, each day, each minute, and even due to those dangerously weak moments of inspirations and observations.

But if I am what my ideals and ideas are, then I would better not exist! Because beyond this human mind lies my consciousness, that naïve, unclear, impulse driven consciousness, which has no ideas, no ideals, no society, no self. It’s the undefined that defines me, and in its appreciation lies the essence of my existence!

9 comments:

achie.... said...

hi i m again first to comment
yuppieeeee!
Kher what i think this is a normal life.... as you start knowing the world more and more u change ur preferences........ ur lifestyle...... ur way of thinking..... ur choice and many more...
It goes in the same way as like krishna to buddha...... teaching to consultancy and so ooon...... it will go on with you as you will travel trough the life.
And if you wanna stop this then you should stop thinking and start working on the basis of ur knowledge...... and it is sure this type of people never make good companies rather they make a company good thats all they do the whole life......
thats what i think..... :)

Vartika said...

i can see it's time for another coffee!!(?)

bhagyashree said...

coffe??? y not!!!nytym...hehehehe
integrity bole toh...RDBMS wali..hee hee..yaar itna load kahe le rha hai...sabke saath hota hai..jus a normal thing...stop interrogating urself as to y u think so much..y u think all this..isnt it gud enuf that u think???thats wonderful!!rite???n rest as they say "its all been done b4"[actually they=avril lavigne..hehe] means achin has summarised it perfectly!!!

Rajat said...

Thanks for replying on my behalf Bhagya :).
Btw, I don't think you guys read it the way I wanted to send this across! Infact, comments suggest the exact opposite understanding. Clearly, I need to write better :P.
Thanks for the comments.

Chitra Nayak said...

well...Me is Me...coz no one seems more qualified to be Me....and it does'nt seem to be much worth being anyone other than Me

this is something i read on orkut 'about me'.and i loved it.

i am given complete freedom.to be honest.to be dishonest.to choose my path. success is defined by me.nobody else defines that.nobody in this world has that rigt to teach me what is my goal of life.why have i descended to earth.coz everybody has their own set of actions to carry out and they see the world through those eyes designed to focus on thier set of rues, not mine.

and i am so happy that by the end of the blog u realized tht it is ONLY necessary to be compatible with your own self.to love ur own self.becoz we live the longest with ourselves.

"It’s the undefined that defines me, and in its appreciation lies the essence of my existence!" this said it all.
Hats off to you.i am floored!!

Rajat said...

thanks for the comment, Chitra :)

Chitra Nayak said...

my pleasure!! :P

Unknown said...

Hey even i m like dat....:((
donno ..dis is good or bad....but even i will get excited..soon...just impulsiv a lotttt..
but i ...truly believe..dis it is beautifully finished by MISS chitra..no doubt...
even u cant DENY rajat ji....
..

Chitra Nayak said...

hey piya..thanks buddy